Welcome to the Paper Mario Wiki!
This page was designed to help Users like you get acquainted with our Wiki, from editing pages to chatting with the community!
It's your first time on the Wiki. You're excited to start editing and get to know the community. The only problem is, you have no idea where to begin! Well, fear not - here are some simple steps to get those creative juices flowing:
- Start off by setting up your User page. This can be found here. Setting it up means uploading an avatar, adding some information about yourself, etc. You can also add pictures, videos, etc.
- Next, it's time to begin editing. Patrol the Wiki Activity or just look around the Wiki for a page that could use some more information, or perhaps has some mistakes on it. Click the "Edit" button and get to work! When you're done, click "Publish".
- A quick note: You can't edit on the mobile version, but you can switch to the computer version at the bottom of the mobile site.
- A good next step would be to upload a picture or two. These help Wiki pages look nicer, as well as providing a visual of whatever the page is describing. You can come here to upload pictures, and you can add them by clicking "Photo" under "Add features and media" while editing a page.
- If there's a page missing from Paper Mario Wiki, don't hesitate to create it! It can be intimidating to create a new page, but remember: It doesn't have to be a full article when it is created. That's why we have the ability to edit, after all!
Your User Page
Your User page is a page all about you! You can use it to tell the Paper Mario Wiki community about yourself and your interests, areas of expertise, anything! If you're having trouble figuring the system out, here are some step-by-step instructions.
- Uploading an Avatar: Do you see the part of your page where the avatar is placed? Mouse over that. The option to "Edit Avatar" will appear. Click that, and then "Choose File." Pick a picture or upload a new one. Then click "Open" and "Save, I'm Done." Your avatar is ready to go!
- Adding Information: Click the "Edit Profile" button in the profile box to add information to your page. Type up a summary of what you're like, what your hobbies are, whatever you want! When you're finished, click the "Publish" button in the top right. If you want to see what it will look like first, click "Preview".
- Adding Pictures and Other Media: Click the "Edit Profile" button in the Profile box. Under the box that says "Add features and media" on the right of the page, choose an option that you want to add. Select or upload the file you want if it is necessary for what you are adding. When you have finished adding media to your profile, click the "Publish" button in the top right. If you want to see what it will look like first, click "Preview".