"I'm General Guy. We're following the orders of King Bowser." — General Guy, Paper Mario
General Guy is a white colored Shy Guy in a military-like outfit and boss in Paper Mario, he is the leader of the Shy Guy clan and one of Bowser's minions. He is the main boss of Chapter 4, is the second boss of that Chapter and is overall the eighth boss of the game.
General Guy is a follower of Bowser, and guards the fourth Star Spirit. Like typical Generals, he sends out his soldiers to do his work for him. After they're defeated, he sends out two Stilt Guys and two Shy Stacks, both of which are his elite soldiers. He also has one very elite soldier called an Anti Guy. Anti Guys are very tough and should not be handled lightly.
Once the Shy Guy army is defeated, General Guy will attack Mario and Co. head on inside his toy tank, he has two attacks, the first is by throwing bombs at Mario, and is shocking Mario and his partner by firing a lighting beam with his lightbulb. The easy way to destroy the tank and his lightbulb is to use Watt, since she can penetrate any type of defense (excluding fire). She's also immune to the lightning attack. Once his tank blows up, all the Shy Guys run out of the room where the Star Spirit is held and never cause michief again.
A Defense Plus badge is advised in this fight; especially against the 15 Shy Guy Squad as with 1 defense point they cannot harm you. Using Bow's Outta Sight is another option too. As attacking the Shy Squad once, then shielding with Outta Sight afterwards the Shy Squad can be beaten next turn. Bow is also more effective against the army. If you have a Charge badge on, then use this opportunity against the Shy Guy Squad to charge up as much as possible and just have Watt take out the Shy Guy Squad (Watt can increase Mario's attack as well.). Now that you are charged up, Mario should be able to defeat the two Stilt Guys very easily (if not, jump on them to turn them into normal Shy Guys). Against the Shy Stacks, focus on one at a time and they shouldn't be a problem. It is best to use a Quake Hammer badge to take out General Guy's army. Mega Rush can also be used if low on health.
General Guy himself is not hard to beat if you take out his Light Bulb. Star Storm is particularly useful as it hurts both General Guy and the Light Bulb. Without the Light Bulb, General Guy is much less of a threat; he can only deal a maximum of 4 damage to you (3 if you have the Defend Plus Badge or Damage Dodge when guarding). Always use Watt when attacking General Guy as she pierces his defense. Bombette's Exploding move also pierces his defense.
- Just like General Guy's Light Bulb can't hurt Watt, Watt can't hurt the Light Bulb.
- After the Light Bulb is destroyed, all General Guy can do is throw bombs. It also makes the Player's other members along with Watt more suitable for the battle.
- If General Guy is hit by Watt's Electro Dash, he will stat that his high-tech tank's defenses doesn't seem to take Electric attacks well, giving Players a clue that Watt's Electro Dash can pierce defenses.
- If the HP of General Guy, his Shy Guy army, and the Light Bulb are considered as one boss, then the total HP would be 87 HP, the second most HP in the game, followed by a tie between The Master (the last time the Player will fight him) and Bowser, the final boss of Paper Mario, both being tied, as both of them have 99 HP each.
- General Guy is most likely the one who had the Shy Guys cause a ruckus at Toad Town.
- General Guy is the second boss in Paper Mario to be aided by enemies, the first being Tutankoopa.
- Since Bombette's Bomb attacks can pierce General Guy she's just as effective as Watt is. Plus attacking the army is a bonus.
- If General Guy were charged with a crime, it would most likely be threatening to use military force against civilians.
- Oddly, the Anti-Guy, one of his strongest soldiers, is more powerful than General Guy.
- As a boss, there are foes that are regular enemies, and are tougher than he is.
- General Guy appears as a sticker in Super Smash Brothers Brawl that raises the Player's Launch Power by 31.
|Characters: General Guy | Anti Guy | Emcee Shy Guy
Types: Shy Guy | Spy Guy | Pyro Guy | Medi Guy | Gourmet Guy | Groove Guy | Sky Guy | Spear Guy | Stilt Guy | Sombrero Guy | Shy Bandit | Slurp Guy | Animal Trainer Shy Guy | Paint Guy | Snifit | Slurp Snifit | Spike Guy | Shunned Guy | Spike Snifit | Clip Guy | Accordion Guy | Soggy Guy | Whistle Snifit | Pry Guy | Shield Guy | Fly Guy